Sales tax and tax exemption
Within the United States, Newegg.com charges tax on orders shipping to a number of states where Newegg is required to collect tax. Remember, even if Newegg does not collect state sales tax, you are required to pay it when you file your state taxes. If you are a tax-exempt organization or reseller, you can apply here for tax exemption on your Newegg.com orders.
States we charge sales tax in
- Arizona (beginning July 1st)
- Arkansas (beginning July 1st)
- Florida (beginning July 1st)
- Idaho (beginning June 1st)
- Kansas (beginning July 1st)
- New Mexico (beginning July 1st)
- New York
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Oklahoma (beginning July 1st)
- Rhode Island (beginning July 1st)
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Virginia (beginning July 1st)
- Washington, D.C.
- West Virginia
Important Sales/use tax information for the following states
Residents of Alabama, Oklahoma, and Rhode Island: Please see here important sales tax information.