Within the United States, Newegg.com charges tax on orders shipping to a number of states where Newegg is required to collect tax. If you are a tax-exempt organization or reseller, you can apply for tax exemption on your Newegg.com orders by following these steps:
How to apply as a government employee.
In order to apply for tax exemption please click on the following link: Sales tax and tax exemption
I can’t find the correct form in Newegg tax portal?
If you are unable to find the correct forms to submit in the Newegg tax portal listed above, please submit your forms using the following method:
- Create a Newegg.com account if you do not have one.
- Download and complete the Newegg.com Sales Tax Exempt Form.
Note: Resellers in the state of New Jersey will need to download and complete the ST-3NR Resale Certificate for Non-NJ Vendors Form as well.
- Fax the completed form and all required documents to 626-271-9403 or email the forms directly to email@example.com.
- To prevent delays please check that your Company/Organization name and address listed on the State issued Tax Exempt Certificate match your Newegg account. If your account has a different address listed, please add your company name and address to your address book in your Newegg account.
- PROCESSING TIMEFRAME: Tax exemption applications take 7-10 business days to process. Once your application is processed, future orders will no longer be taxed by Newegg.com. If your application lists a previous order that should have been tax exempt, any tax that we collected on that order will be refunded to the original payment method.
- OUTDATED INFORMATION: If any of your submitted information has changed, please send us the updated forms as soon as possible in order to maintain your tax exemption.
- INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: Orders shipping outside the United States (with the exception of APO/FPO/DPO and Puerto Rico) will always be charged the requisite tax and duty and cannot be exempt.