Within the United States, Newegg.com charges tax on orders shipping to a number of states where Newegg is required to collect tax. If you are a tax-exempt organization or reseller, you can apply for tax exemption on your Newegg.com orders by following these steps:
If you are unable to find the correct forms to submit in the Newegg tax portal listed above, please submit your forms using the following method:
- Create a Newegg.com account if you do not have one.
- Download and complete the Newegg.com Sales Tax Exempt Form.
Note: Resellers in the state of New Jersey will need to download and complete the ST-3NR Resale Certificate for Non-NJ Vendors Form as well.
- Fax the completed form and all required documents to 626-271-9403 or email the forms directly to email@example.com.
- To prevent delays please check that your Company/Organization name and address listed on the State issued Tax Exempt Certificate match your Newegg account. If your account has a different address listed, please add your company name and address to your address book in your Newegg account.
- PROCESSING TIMEFRAME: Tax exemption applications take 7-10 business days to process. Once your application is processed, future orders will no longer be taxed by Newegg.com. If your application lists a previous order that should have been tax exempt, any tax that we collected on that order will be refunded to the original payment method.
- OUTDATED INFORMATION: If any of your submitted information has changed, please send us the updated forms as soon as possible in order to maintain your tax exemption.
- INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: Orders shipping outside the United States (with the exception of APO/FPO/DPO and Puerto Rico) will always be charged the requisite tax and duty and cannot be exempt.