The 2-Step Verification helps add an extra layer of security for your Newegg account by asking you to enter a unique security code in addition to your password on computers/devices that you haven’t selected as being safe.
Enable 2-Step Verification:
- In your Account, select Account Settings under Manage account.
- Click Enable to the right of “2-Step Verification”.
- Choose where your code will be sent: email address, phone number, or Authenticator App(QR code generator). Then select “SEND CODE”.
- You are required to input a primary and backup method.
- You cannot enable/disable this on mobile, but can add your mobile device to the safe device list during checkout on our mobile site.
- On the last step, you can select to not require verification codes to be sent on the device you are using. Once you select the “TURN ON 2-STEP VERIFICATION’ button, the 2-Step Verification will be activated on your account.
Disabling 2-Step Verification:
Select Disable in your “Account Settings” under “Manage account”.