The safety and security of our customers’ data, and the reliability of our products and services, are of utmost importance to Newegg. Therefore, we aim to design and make products and services with the highest levels of security and reliability. Despite our best efforts, due to the highly complex and sophisticated nature of our products and services, vulnerabilities and errors may still be present in our products and services.
This policy describes Newegg’s approach to requesting and receiving reports related to potential vulnerabilities and errors in its products and services from those that interact with such products and services.
Customers, users, researchers, partners and any other person that interacts with Newegg’s products and services are encouraged to report identified vulnerabilities and errors with such products and services.
The preferred method for contacting Newegg regarding such vulnerabilities and errors is by using the form present at the bottom of this page.
Newegg highly appreciates the efforts made by the reporting party in identifying the vulnerability or error. Reporting of such vulnerabilities and errors will contribute to improving the security and reliability of our product and services .
By making a report to Newegg using the form on this page, or otherwise communicating a report to Newegg, regarding vulnerabilities and errors, you agree to the following terms:
Newegg may use your report for any purpose deemed relevant by Newegg, including without limitation, for the purpose of correcting any vulnerabilities and errors that are reported and that Newegg deems to exist and to require correction. To the extent that you propose any changes and/or improvements to a Newegg product or service in your report, you assign to Newegg all use and ownership rights to such proposals.
You confirm to Newegg that:
- You have not exploited or used in any manner, and will not exploit or use in any manner (other than for the purposes of reporting to Newegg), the discovered vulnerabilities and/or errors;
- You have not engaged, and will not engage, in testing/research of systems with the intention of harming Newegg, its customers, employees, partners or suppliers;
- You have not used, misused, deleted, altered or destroyed, and will not use, misuse, delete, alter or destroy, any data that you have accessed or may be able to access in relation to the vulnerability and/or error discovered;
- You have not conducted, and will not conduct, social engineering, spamming, phishing, denial-of-service or resource-exhaustion attacks;
- You have not tested, and will not test, the physical security of any property, building, plant or factory of Newegg;
- You have not breached, and will not breach, any applicable laws in connection with your report and your interaction with Newegg product or service that lead to your report.
- You agree not to disclose to any third party any information related to your report, the vulnerabilities and/or errors reported, nor the fact that a vulnerabilities and/or errors has been reported to Newegg.
- Newegg does not guarantee that you will receive any response from Newegg related to your report. Newegg will only contact your regarding your report if Newegg deems it necessary.
- You agree that you are making your report without any expectation or requirement of reward or other benefit, financial or otherwise, for making such report, and without any expectation or requirement that the vulnerabilities and/or errors reported are corrected by Newegg.