Students currently enrolled in a college or university who have a valid .edu e-mail address can join the Newegg Student program by following the steps below.
- Sign up for a Newegg Account.
- Submit the verification form.
- Click on the verification link in the confirmation email that is sent to your .edu address to complete your enrollment in the student program.
- You must have a Newegg.com account.
- At the end of 12 months, you will need to verify your student status to continue enjoying Student Program benefits.
- The Student Program is free. There are no extra fees – you only pay for the qualifying products that you purchase and we ship to you.
- You may not share any Student Program benefits with other people, and by registering for the Student Program, you agree that all Student Program benefits will only be used by you, as the individual in whose name the linked Newegg.com account is held.
- We may refuse to register you for the Newegg Student Program if required by law, or if you are in breach of these Terms.
- If Newegg, in its sole discretion, determines that you have misused the Student Program, engaged in wrongdoing or fraud, misrepresented your eligibility for a subscription, or are otherwise in breach of these Terms, Newegg may terminate your Student Program account immediately, subject to applicable penalties, if any.
- In the event of termination, all restrictions imposed on you by these Terms and/or disclaimers and limitations of liability set out in these Terms will survive.
- Student Program benefits apply only to orders of qualifying products, which are clearly designated by the Student Program icon visible on the product pages of qualifying products.
- If your shopping cart at checkout includes qualifying and non-qualifying products, the qualifying and non-qualifying products will be split into separate order numbers. Student Program benefits apply to the qualifying products only. Non-qualifying products are subject to Newegg’s standard ordering, pricing and shipping policies.
- All Student Program orders of qualifying products are subject to Newegg’s standard returns policies and restrictions. You can review complete information about Newegg’s standard returns policies and restrictions here.
Other Limitations and Conditions
- We may update, vary, amend or cancel some or all of these Terms at any time, and each time you visit our website you will be legally bound by our updated or amended Terms.
- You may not use your Student Program benefits in any manner, or for any purpose which is unlawful, or in any manner which violates any right of Newegg, or which is prohibited by these Terms.
- You may not transfer or assign your Student Program account or benefits to any other person or entity, and any such assignment will be null and void, and will terminate these Terms.
- The laws and regulations of the state and/or municipality in which you reside may confer upon you certain rights relating to your subscriptions and the Subscription Program which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by these Terms (“Statutory Rights”). If these Statutory Rights apply to you, some of these Terms may be excluded.
- If any provision contained in these Terms is or becomes invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in whole or in part, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect the remaining provisions and portions in these Terms, and the invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provision shall be deemed modified so as to have the most similar result that is valid and enforceable.
- Our failure to enforce your compliance with any provision of these Terms shall not affect in any way our right to require such compliance at any time thereafter. Any waiver by Newegg of your breach of any provision in these Terms shall not be taken or held to be a continuing waiver of that provision unless such waiver is made in writing.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL NEWEGG BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH OR UNDER YOU, FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THE SUBSCRIPTION PROGRAM AND THESE TERMS. IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, NEWEGG’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID FOR THE PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS PURSUANT TO THE TERMS OF THE SUBSCRIPTION PROGRAM. NEWEGG SHALL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE UPON A CLAIM OR ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT, INDEMNITY OR CONTRIBUTION, OR OTHER CLAIMS RELATING TO THE SUBSCRIPTION PROGRAM OR THESE TERMS WHICH EXCEEDS THIS LIABILITY LIMIT. NEWEGG SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS FOR DAMAGES FOR DELAYS, INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE, LOSS OF BUSINESS, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, WHETHER OR NOT NEWEGG HAS BEEN MADE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH CLAIMS OR DAMAGES.