TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This Agreement is entered into between DriveSavers Data Recovery, Inc., 400 Bel Marin Keys Boulevard, Novato, CA and the Customer agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
Customer has purchased the DriveSavers Data Recovery Service Plan from Newegg.com or Neweggbusiness.com. However, Newegg.com and Neweggbusiness.com are not parties to this Agreement. All responsibilities, obligations, representations, and/or warranties contained in this Agreement belong solely to DriveSavers Data Recovery, Inc.
This plan entitles the customer to One (1) data recovery attempt during the Plan’s “active period”, for the specific laptop computer or hard disk drive for which the Plan was purchased. DriveSavers must receive the serial number of the computer or drive within thirty (30) days of purchase. All data recovery services will be completed using the DriveSavers 5-7 business day turn-around service only. Data recovery services under this plan include all parts and labor (see “shipping” and “media” charges below for details). Data recovery services provided by DriveSavers shall be on a “best effort” basis and DriveSavers cannot guarantee or promise specific results. The “plan” will terminate once the plan has been used regardless of the outcome of the data recovery.
Contact DriveSavers Data Recovery at 800.440.1904 or 415.382.2000. Please provide Plan Sales Order Number. A Data Recovery Advisor will review case to confirm eligibility and to set up data recovery service.
NO RECOVERY-REFUND POLICY:
Data recovery is not always possible. In the event that the data is unrecoverable; Newegg will refund 100% of the plan fees collected from the customer.
COVERAGE PERIOD: Active Period
- One (1) year plan: 365 calendar days from the purchase date.
- Two (2) year plan: 730 calendar days from the purchase date.
- Three (3) year plan: 1095 calendar days from purchase date.
Note: The plan will terminate at the end of the “active period” and/or once the plan has been used for data recovery services, whichever occurs first.
Customer is responsible for shipping charges associated with sending the device purchased to DriveSavers. DriveSavers is responsible for the return shipping charges, using FedEx® “Express Saver” 3 business-day delivery service.
Customer’s data will be returned on DVD at no charge if the amount of information (data) recovered is less than 20gb. Customer will be responsible for providing or purchasing a new hard drive for data recoveries that are more than 20gb in size.
LIMITATION of LIABILITY, LIMITATIONS of DAMAGES:
DriveSavers Data Recovery is not liable for any damages whatsoever, including damages to devices or components shipped to DriveSavers and/or any loss associated with the data loss situation, including business interruption or revenue lost.
HARD DRIVE MANUFACTURER WARRANTIES:
DriveSavers is authorized to perform data recovery on failed hard drives without voiding original warranty. It will be the customer’s responsibility to work with the drive manufacturer to handle the in-warranty replacement process.
DRIVESAVERS IS THE INDUSTRY LEADER AND OFFERS THE HIGHEST PROBABILTY OF A SUCCESSFUL RECOVERY. HOWEVER, DATA RECOVERY IS NOT ALWAYS POSSIBLE. HAVING A GOOD DATA “PROTECTION” STRATEGY IS CRITICAL. WE RECOMMEND THAT THE CUSTOMER FOLLOW THESE SAFETY TIPS TO AVOID DATA LOSS.
- Back up, back up, back up! Always keep a current copy of your data on another type of storage media. Test and verify your backups regularly. Keep at least one verified copy offsite and secure.
- Invest in a comprehensive backup strategy. Consult your service provider about the right backup solution for you.
- Back up and verify data before performing any system upgrades.
Invest in an UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) for all your computer equipment to protect against power spikes, blackouts and other power issues.
- Turn off external storage devices only after shutting down the computer to avoid possible directory corruption from occurring.
- Purchase an anti-virus solution.
- Do not move the drive while it is operating.
- Provide adequate space around your computer equipment to allow for circulation and cooling.
- If the drive was previously in a very cold environment, allow it to warm up to room temperature before operating.
- If you hear unusual noises, turn off the unit immediately. These sounds may indicate a mechanical problem that could result in permanent data loss.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, REPRENETATIONS AND GUARANTEES:
THIS IS NOT A WARRANTY OR INSURANCE PLAN. THIS IS A DATA RECOVERY SERVICE PLAN. DATA RECOVERY IS NOT GUARANTEED.